Supporting the Local Community
Precision is committed to our local community. Read more about our efforts below, and about our $12,000 in donations to local charities and good causes here.
Other community support
Tour de Cure
In August 2009, nine members of Team Precision participated in the Tour de Cure, which supports the mission of the American Diabetes Association (ADA): "To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes."
Team Precision is proud to announce that we have raised $2631 to be donated to this wonderful cause.
Breast Cancer Awareness
One in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime. That is one woman every three minutes. With your support, the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure will be able to fund education, screening and treatment programs in our community and support national research to find a cure!
Precision Plumbing, Heating and Electric accepted donations through the month of October 2009 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure. Precision also matched all donations up to a $1500 total!
Community Food Share
In December 2008, Precision Plumbing donated $2,334.00 to the Community Food Share program. We matched the proceeds that were collected from the community.
In winter 2008, Precision Plumbing gave away a new furnace to a family nominated by customers as most deserving.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide, and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat is founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety.
Over the last few years, Precision Plumbing & Heating employees have volunteered their time and skill to Habitat for Humanity. Teaming with this wonderful program, we are helping to provide people with safe, decent and affordable shelter.
Volunteering to Habitat for Humanity is one of the many ways that Precision Plumbing & Heating enjoys giving back to our community.
Precision Plumbing has made donations to the following events/charities:
* Volunteer Connection of Boulder County
* Habitat for Humanity
* Eye Health Institute
* The Brain Trust
* Senior Services
* Rocky Mountain Riding Therapy
* Compass House
* The Dairy Center for the Arts
* Greenwood Wildlife Rehab Center
* Circle of Care
* Fairview HS Student Council
* Boulder Philharmonic Orchestra
* Carriage House
* Aging Services Foundation
* Boulder/Broomfield Foster/Adoptive Assoc
* Voice for Children
* CU Science Discovery
* Thorne Ecological Institute
* Impact on Education
* The Acorn School
* Colie’s Closet
* Boulder Chorale
* Safehouse Progressive Alliance
* Special Transit
* Blue Sky Bridge
* FHS-BHS After Prom
* Chinook Clubhouse
* Front Range Rescue Dogs
* Lafayette Public Library
* Meals on Wheels
* Real Choices Pregnancy Center
* One Lafayette
* Rocky Mountain Center for Musical Arts
* Cinnamon Park Assisted Living
* Longmont HS Drumline
* Longmont Humane Society
* Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley
* Longmont’s Rhythm on the River
* Louisville’s Touch-A-Truck
* Louisville’s Fall Festival
* Polo on the Lawn 2008 (A Benefit for HospiceCare)
* Peers Building Justice
* Girl Scout Troop 2694 "Troop Xtreme"
* Niwot Timberline Symphony Orchestra
* Berthoud Youth Athletic Association